Seattle single malt whiskey was ranked third globally.
The list of the Top 20 Most Exciting Whiskies of the Year was just announced by Whisky Advocate.
The third place went to the Garryana 8th Edition by Westland Distillery. This is the first time an American single malt has placed in the top three.
The white oak tree, which is native to the Northwest and is utilized to mature and flavor whiskey, is the inspiration behind the name of the single malt.
GARRYANA EDITION 8
“The oak influence is exquisite, coaxing out notes of charcoal grill, Krispy Kreme doughnut, Honey Nut Cheerios, and a touch of salinity on the nose. A beautifully textured palate melds smoke and sweetness in superb fashion, expressing strawberry jam, burnt sugar, campfire smoke, and chocolate raspberry Ghirardelli square. Toasted marshmallows, honey, and cinnamon sweetness linger on and on throughout the finish, leaving you eager for another sip,”
whiskey reviewer Julia Higgins said on Whisky Advocate’s ranking.
The selection of the top 20 whiskies is carefully crafted and deserving of your attention.
This selection includes underappreciated treasures with outstanding value, remarkable specimens that lead their respective styles that are well worth searching out.
- Glenglassaugh Sandend
- Highland Park Cask Strength
- Westland Garryana (No. 8)
- Little Book Chapter 7 “In Retrospect”
- Wild Turkey Master’s Keep Voyage
- Maker’s Mark Cellar Aged 2023
- Dewar’s Double Double 21 year old Mizunara Oak
- Glenmorangie A Tale of the Forest
- Bardstown Bourbon Collaborative Series: Foursquare
- GlenDronach Cask Strength
- Barrell Craft Spirits 6 year old Cask Strength (Batch 035)
- Blue Run Trifecta
- Hemingway Signature Edition
- Glenfiddich 12 year old Amontillado Sherry Cask Finish
- Old Elk Port Finished
- Green Spot Quails’ Gate
- Crown Royal Noble Collection Barley Edition
- Teeling Wonders of Wood Second Edition Virgin Portuguese Oak
- Ezra Brooks 99