A delicious variation on the traditional margarita that combines a fiery burst of spice with the tropical sweetness of ripe mangoes is a blended spicy mango margarita.
- The mango provides a luscious, tropical flavor.
- The tequila adds depth and a hint of earthiness.
- Lime juice brings a tangy, citrusy balance to the sweetness.
- The jalapeño adds a pleasant, lingering heat.
- A blended spicy mango margarita is typically served in a salt-rimmed margarita glass or a rocks glass filled with ice.
- It’s often garnished with a slice of mango, a lime wedge, or a jalapeño slice for visual appeal.
- Mango: The star of the show, we use frozen mangos for convenience.
- Tequila: A good-quality blanco or reposado tequila is often the choice for its clean, crisp flavor.
- Cointreau: Adds a citrusy sweetness to balance the heat.
- Lime Juice: Freshly squeezed lime juice is preferred for a bright, tangy flavor.
- Spice: The heat in a spicy mango margarita usually comes from jalapeño slices or a dash of hot sauce. Adjust the spiciness to your preference.
- Sweetener: Simple syrup, agave nectar, or honey can be used to balance the flavors and sweetness.
Spicy Mango Margarita
Wonderfully spicy and refreshing
- 1 Blender
- 1 Muddler
- 1 tbsp Lime Salt
- 1 tsp Tajin
- 2 whole Charred Jalapeños (stem removed) Grill or gas flame
- 3 or 4 oz Tequila (blanco or reposado) Use mezcal if you want a smoky flavor
- 1 cup Frozen Mango
- 1 whole Fresh Lime Juice
- 2 oz Cointreau
- 1 oz Agave Nectar
- 3 or 4 oz Pineapple Juice
- 3 dashes Chipotle Cocktail Spice
- On a small plate, combine lime salt and Tajin. Rub half of a lime on the rim of the glass and dip into spice mix.
- Char jalapeños on grill or over the gas stove. Then muddle jalapeños into the tequila. Let this rest while you do the next step.
- Add all other ingredients into a blender. blend until smooth. Add more pineapple juice if needed. Strain tequila and add to blender. blend for a 10 seconds and pour into glasses.
- Garnish with Lime, jalapeño wheel, or fresh mango.